Sunday, March 25, 2012

Baby Shower!

Yesterday was my niece Colleen's baby shower! I love celebrating with my family, and I love this girl! I remember holding her on my lap on a swing that hung from one of our big oak trees growing up. And now she is married and having her own baby, but I digress!

Is this diaper cake not the MOST adorable thing? Colleen's friend, Shanda, made it for her. The nursery will be in dinos. And I, of course, forgot to take a photo of the bedding. But, if you click here you can see it!
The theme of the shower was elephants and the colors were white, gray, blue and orange. I love the poms, or poof balls as I prefer to call them, hanging from the ceiling. These are super easy to make. Here's the tutorial I used. I just cut the tissue to different widths to get the various sizes. They come together quickly!
This cake makes me smile! That little squatty elephant on top of the cake makes me want one for a pet. If only they came in this size! HA! My sister, Jill, has a friend who makes cakes so we bought it from her. To see more of her work, check out these Monster cupcakes from my great nephew Aiden's 1st birthday!
An elephant themed baby shower definitely needs roasted peanut and popcorn goody bags!
See that cute rag garland hanging on the entertainment center? I got the idea on Joy's Hope. I love how it turned out! The only things I did differently is that I tied the fabric to twine, and I ripped my strips rather than cutting them - FASTER!! Colleen plans to use the garland in the nursery since the colors go so nicely. That makes me happy!
The shower was fun and I love having my home filled with love! Just about 6 more weeks and we get to meet Mr. Jaxon. Can't wait!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Some awesome ideas for my baby girl's shower coming up in July!We got 2 weeks before we know what baby bug is!!

Jenny said...

What great shower idea Miss Amy!

This looks really charming!