Tuesday, July 16, 2013

South Dakota - 1880s Train Ride

On our first full day in South Dakota, we took a train ride between Keystone and Hill City. The train was pulled by an 1880s steam engine. Each of the passenger cars were refurbished from the late 1800s and early 1900s.
Here they are refilling the engine with water before our trip.

The scenery from the train was gorgeous. 




an old telegraph pole...




We also saw

deer, wild turkey and other birds along the trip, but I wasn't quick enough with my camera!


[obligatory selfie of the fam!] 



3 comments:

Monica said...

What pretty views!!!

Jenny said...

Hi Amy! I love that new short 'do'. And I always love seeing pictures of your beautiful family!

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

Looks like a great trip. My husband and I are crazy about trains. I love riding them!