Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Spilled coffee, and other things I won't let ruin my day

I always buy coffee at McDonalds in the mornings on my way to work. It's convenient, and McDonalds does coffee right.

This morning I stopped at my usual McDonalds, ordered my usual coffee and egg white delight, and drove up to the window only to have the large, hot coffee SPILLED into my window, and onto my lap. It burned a little, but not long, and the thigh of my right leg was completely soaked. After getting a second cup of coffee,[because I'm addicted], I pulled into a parking space and got out to mop up the mess.

With everything as clean as I could get with disintegrating napkins, I realized I was going to be late for work.

Sigh.

I actually thought to myself, "This should put me in a bad mood."
But I didn't want to be in a bad mood.

Last evening had been spent with other band moms, putting together spirit cans/noisemakers for upcoming competitions. That was joyful!

I had visited with my son this morning and got to tell him that the Lord truly blessed me when He made him my son. That right there? JOY

There's a decent cool front on the way for the weekend and October is my favorite month of the year!

These are just a few of the wonderul happenings in my life at the moment. So I decided not to give in to the negative. I've decided I don't want my emotions or moods to be so easily controlled by societal norms, or my perception of them.

I'm realizing I've been living a life over the last couple of years, of letting life "happen" rather living purposefully.

It's time for a change.


And on other joyful notes ♪ ♫ ....

I found a piano on craigslist and bought it! I'm thinking piano lessons might be in my future.

Guess who else likes Aunt Mamy's piano? My great nephew Aiden!

 I really need to get my big girl camera out and practice...

No comments: