Tuesday, March 10, 2009

paralyzing!



I made a quilt top! Not the one I planned to make first. But, I had a bunch of flannel pieces left over from all these super fun ZSQs I've been making. So, I started cutting them into 2 inch strips and then I thought, "Hmmm, I'll sew these strips together." And I really like how it turned out, so it is officially my first quilt top.

BUT, I'm scared to do anything else to it. I'm avoiding it...it is paralyzing! It is so pretty how it is...what if I mess it up when I try to back it and quilt it and bind it?? I've never done it and I'm am SO scared. Silly? Perhaps... I'll keep you updated! ~ @my

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Amy, do it! All knowledge is good knowledge. And remember how nervous you were about your first ZSQ? And look at you now! You rock!

said...

Amy, take a deep breath!!

I've been talking about how to start quilting on my blog - check it out - www.rachelcox.blogspot.com - long before Mountain Baby Blankets started.

It really is easy. If you have any questions, email me! I'll help as best I can via email, lol!

Rachel

PS - GOOD JOB! It's very nice!

~ said...

This is a beautiful quilt top...good job!

I just realized tonight that you have me listed on your blog list...thanks!

Willow Lake Stitches said...

Amy. . . Your quilt top looks great !

I also just wanted you to know that you are my St. Paddy's Day WINNER ! Email me your address and I will send your quilted grocery bag kit to you !

Congratulations, Beth