Saturday, July 24, 2010

little cabin in the woods


As part of our 'stay'cation we actually 'went' away! Just a 2.5 hour drive into southeastern Oklahoma near Beaver's Bend State Park. We stayed in a lovely cabin - with air conditioning. Which is why my picture is fuzzy looking. My lens kept fogging up when I ventured outside for a picture. Whew - it was hot and humid. Inside the cabin, however, was lovely. Lots of board game playing and reading and laughter. Lots of laughter!
There was also some pancake makin' for breakfast one day!
And the little town of Broken Bow had a lovely thrift store. I'll post more about my finds there later.



And although it was too hot to do much communing with nature, the fella above spent time on our porch. I don't know if you can tell by the photo but this is a HUGE moth. I was so glad it didn't get into the cabin one evening and dart around blindly 'cause that really would have creeped me out!!
:)

2 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Looks like a nice little get away! I love cabins. Can't wait to hear your thrift stories!

Mardell said...

Oh my! That IS a big moth. I remember being so amazed as a kid when we'd find those things! I've never heard of an air conditioned cabin! LOL Not around here anyway. Well that definitely made your trip alot more enjoyable, huh?

Can't wait to see your thrifting finds. :o)