Monday, February 15, 2010

I am SO over Winter!

I am so. OVER. Winter!

Perhaps I will regret those words once a stifling Texas July sets in. But, honestly, I don't think so. I wouldn't survive in a true cold climate. The weather here has been crazy. I've lost count of how many times it has snowed. And true, most of them were just little snowflake spits from the clouds. But two of them - in one year - have been pretty big. The weather folks are saying we've had two 'once in a lifetime' snow events just this season! I'm done. I love the snow. But I don't love the cold. Good-bye forever cold. Until next Fall and then I don't mind a few blustery days. And when winter comes, old Mr. weather, you are allowed to provide us with one snow event. But, for now, please send Spring! I really miss her!


The snow WAS gorgeous:


And he really enjoyed it:


7 comments:

Mardell said...

Hi Amy,
Yep, we're axiously waiting for Spring too. However, Wm. usually hunts for Easter eggs in the snow. So it might be awhile for us.

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy....it looks lovely, but I'm with you...we have had so much snow it's unbelieveable...and, uh...it's snowing right now. We are supposed to get 4 - 8 inches. I believe it the way its coming down right now thats for sure. Stay safe and warm. Linda B

Carol said...

I'm down with this too! I am so over it myself!

Susan said...

Wow! Looks like a Colorado snow. Not sure where you are in Texas, but I feel for you. We are used to it here, poor thing.
We are also waiting for spring. Baseball tryouts are next week for spring ball. We will be sitting with our coats, boots and hats on, but we are soooo ready.
Susan

Nicki Meier said...

Well, I'll tell ya sister...I think we have been keeping Spring up here the entire winter! We had one small bit of snow early November, and ever since...it was like Spring moved in next door!

I have to say, the pictures are so pretty. Not what I would expect for Texas...

And Look at that sweet boy enjoying the snow! He's a keeper...that's for sure!

mrs. c said...

We have had more snow here in Tennessee in the last month than in years!! The little girl in the overalls was a birthday gift from a dear friend that I teach with. She said it reminded her of me! I love when I get gifts that really reflect the giver and I will always think of
Deb when I look at that piece.

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

I'm so over winter too if I could help it..Great photos of snow though!