Friday, March 4, 2011

~i love the love~

I love the love I see in this picture. This is my Grandpa and Granny Roberts, Carl and Lula, my Daddy's parents. My Grandpa passed away when I was only 9 months old, so I don't have any personal memory of him. But I cherish him all the same. And I cherish the love I see on his face in the photograph. My Granny passed away when I was 28. I was so happy that she got to meet my son! Blessed!

My Granny was something special. A loved and honored Matriarch in my family. Cousin slumber parties are just one of my favorite memories of her. It's amazing how many kids you can sleep on a living room floor piled with homemade quilts! Another precious memory - arriving home on the school bus to see Granny's red Maverick parked in the driveway. {insert lots of hoots and hollers}

My Granny and I wrote letters back and forth throughout most of her life. Of course, I was never quite as good at keeping up as she was. I remember once while in college one of my letters contained this, "Granny, tell me about Grandpa. Was it love at first sight?" And my favorite line of her return letter was, "Oh, Amy, he was so handsome! {i could just hear a girlish giggle!} And he was good to me and he loved me."

Simple. Lovely. True.

Who could ask for more?

No comments: