Thursday, February 9, 2012

growing pains

Something has been eating at my boy for the last few days. Oh, how I questioned him and oh, how he clamped down, became agitated, and oh, how he acted as if "it" was no big deal {you know, that, "Mom, this is so NOT important to me" attitude.}

And so, I shut it down. I tried to drown my worries in mini cupcakes, to tamp down the aching in the pit of my stomach with mindless pinterest perusal. And, finally, I remembered to pray. Hate that it takes me so long sometimes. I prayed on it and prayed on it. I prayed for him. I prayed for me. I prayed for the others indirectly involved. And the most amazing thing happened.

I let. it. go.

I let GOD.

Why do I fight it so much? Letting GOD have the worry? geez

After work today, I laid down for a bit to get rid of a headache. Stephen came home from school and laid down beside me. We talked about his Algebra tutoring, and how track practice was going, and then he opened up. And I listened. I encouraged. I watched my boy take a step toward manhood as he worked through some growing pains.

And I thank God for helping me to be still.

2 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

you sound like such a good momma. yep just listen and leave it for God to fix!

about your question regarding my big wire basket. i got that at an antique store in minnesota a few years ago. when i saw it i knew it HAD to be mine. i'm sorry i don't have a name for it or a location where you can get one. just keep your eyes peeled!

Jenny said...

Oh Amy. I wish I could give you a giant hug.