Friday, September 28, 2012

Gift Wrap Idea

Today my sweet niece, Megan, turned 10! Double digits! I'm not happy about how quickly she is growing up. Not.At.All! 




 

We celebrated at the little pizza joint in town - Pirate's Island. Note to self: Don't order nachos for dinner at a small town pizza joint. Even if the owner insists he has EVERYTHING he needs to make them. I was expecting a super nacho variety, and some real cheese.  What I got was tortilla chips, canned cheese and jalapenos. Luckily I was headed to a football game so the fare kind of fit! :)
I've slept about 7 hours in the past 48. I got home from work today, finished up band goody bags for the football game tonight, ran Ste to the band hall, sat in my recliner and promptly fell asleep. I work up and realized I was late for Meg's party and I still needed to wrap her gift.
And then I remembered I had no wrapping paper!
I scrounged around my craft room and found a roll of brown shipping paper. I grabbed the scissors and tape, some twine, paper doilies, construction paper and glitter. And this is what I came up with: 


I think it turned out pretty cute! Meg can even hang the M in her bedroom.

I would, however, suggest giving yourself enough time to let the glue dry. My M was still a little mooshy at gift opening time! ☺

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oh Amy. She is so cute.

I'm sorry about the no sleep but impressed with your creative (and cute) solution!