Thursday, January 24, 2013

so I drank the orange juice

I've been doing the Weight Watchers for 2 weeks and 3 days now.

It's going well. I have been able to stay within my points target and I'm not walking around in a state of hunger.

I think I can do this. Like, forever.

It's true what they say. Planning is key. I am improving on the planning part. And I am praying, because I know I can't do it alone.

Today was a challenging day. Ste was sick and I stayed home with him. There was excessive sleeping, weird eating times, and an emotional visit with an aunt.

Still, when evening came, I had plenty of points left for Taco Soup with baked tortilla chips and light cheese and a Weight Watchers treat for dessert. Nice.

Then I streamed the latest episode of Parenthood. {Love that show. Cry. Every.Single.Episode!}Anyways, there was a commercial for orange juice. And that was it. I had to have orange juice. Delicious, cold orange juice. BUT... no points!

I ignored it for a while. And then I remembered that I'm not dieting. I'm changing habits. For life. I'm not always going to be able to stay within a points parameter. I don't live in a vacuum of perfect structure and laid out meals from here to eternity.

Besides, drinking orange isn't what made me fat.

So I drank the orange juice.

And I'm ok with it.



[week 2 weigh in: total of 8.4 lbs lost.]

5 comments:

Susan said...

It's ok to have a treat, you are doing an awesome job.
Keep on keeping on...Susan

robyn said...

wo qhat a great weight lose. I need someone like you to encourage me. It's like I am a little kid and I need myhand held to take me on the journey. I can't afford the payments right now so can't go to meetings. What is new this year on that 3 60 plan ? email me pls.

Jenny said...

Yay for you!

I hope he's feeling better now!

And I love, love Parenthood, too!

Susan said...

I have been thinking of you. How is everything going on your weight watchers?
I am here cheering for you.

robyn said...

hope you are doing well Amy. NOT me staying same. need to do the nasty EEEEEE stuff.