Wednesday, March 20, 2013

blooms

Happy first day of Spring! I'm commemorating the occasion with a few photos of the blooms happening around our place. Our weather has been lovely and definitely Springish the last few days. The weatherman says it will turn rainy and cool over the next few days, but I don't mind. Summertime is hellishly hot here so I refuse to complain about a cool rainy day no matter when it shows itself.

On Monday evening I took my camera out of hibernation and walked around the front and back yards snapping pics of our early bloomers.


The forsythia is blooming.

I have no idea what this tree is called but it is blooming too. :) 

Of course the daffodils are showing their pretty yellow bonnets!

For the life of me, I cannot remember the name of this tree - but it is an ornamental pear. I love its dainty cluster of blooms.


And finally, the Carolina Jessamine in the front yard is blooming.  Sadly, once our neighbor's giant pecan tree leafs out, we will no longer have blooms on our Jessamine. We've decided to pull it up after that happens this spring. I'm not sure what we will replace it with. Do you know of any climbing vines that bloom in shade?

So, what's blooming in your world?

2 comments:

Monica said...

What's blooming in our world? A whole lotta snow! :) But I'm ok with it...spring will be here eventually. Your blooms are so pretty!!

Jenny said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!