Saturday, March 2, 2013

It's Saturday. We just got home from bass lessons, hobby lobby, hair cuts and Indian food for lunch.

It's chilly. Not quite 50 degrees F, but we have the living room windows open. A light breeze is making the wind chimes tinkle and Rainer is outside barking at squirrels and other perceived creatures that are the call of the wild to him.

Lately, I've been hearing lots of coyotes in the evenings. I don't recall any other year that I've heard them so close since we've lived in town. On Thursday night, coming home from working the concession stand (this is the season of life I'm in...concession stand volunteer) for a track meet, one ran in front of me on the busiest street in town. Odd. And then again on the highway that runs through town. Do you call where you live a city or town? With a population of around 1250, I live in a town for certain!

I started an afghan in January for a birthday that happens in September. I'm using Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn brand yarn. It's sturdy, soft and inexpensive.  Win x 3! BUT, now I'm having the hardest time finding coordinating colors because both of the stores nearby have had a very scant selection since Christmas. And they are also sold out on line. I started to panic and emailed Hobby Lobby headquarters. They said they had some trouble with a supplier, but things were straightened out and they would be re-stocked soon. I'm still waiting!! :) And while I'm waiting, I bought some other yarn to make a baby afghan. What's one more WIP?

I'm rethinking my photo wall and have been doing some heavy pinning on the matter. I haven't updated in a while. I'm going to keep some of the photos and mix in some new ones. I want to coordinate the frames in some manner, but not too matchy matchy either. I'm still researching the design, but the other night I did find one of the photos that will go up. It is from Pensacola Beach last year. I think I'll get a 16 x 16 canvas made of it. Looking at it makes me long for June and our next trip to the beach.

Happy Saturday!






1 comment:

Jenny said...

OMG! I love this picture Amy.

And I loved this little chat we had!

We are going to carve out extra time when we come to San Antonio so you and I can hang out!

One way or another girl!