Monday, April 25, 2011

~biscuits~

One night last week we decided to have breakfast for supper. A favorite meal in our household! My guys like breakfast foods, and, me? I like it because it is easy! And Stephen is usually eager to make the eggs. :)

On this occasion, we decided we wanted biscuits so I pulled out my favorite cookbook, Cookin' with the Chicks, and found Jenny's recipe for Baking Powder Biscuits.

After adding all the dry ingredients to the bowl, we added the shortening and Stephen got busy "cutting it in."



After the cutting in, and adding the rest of the ingredients, Stephen gently kneaded the dough.



Flattened it to about 1/2 inch and cut out the biscuits. He used an alfredo sauce jar to cut them out so they were kind of small!



Small.....but delicious!





If you would like a copy of Cookin' with The Chicks, leave a comment and I will let you know how you can purchase one. Everything I've ever cooked from this book has been wonderful!


1 comment:

Jenny said...

They look good Amy. I leave them fatter than that. Maybe 1/2 again as high. Just handle them gently and they will turn out tender and delicious!