Sunday, May 17, 2009

Early Morning Phone Calls

I don't like early morning phone calls. Nothing good comes from them. At least not in my circle of family and friends. We sleep in, unless we're going to work or somewhere...and then we don't have time for conversation. Not at unspeakable times...like 5 a.m.....on a Sunday!

So, when my phone rang this morning, I knew it wasn't good. I made my way to the phone, groggy and disoriented. In the darkness I couldn't figure out how to answer the phone! Then I heard Virgil's cell phone ringing.

Nope...this can't be good.

And it wasn't.

Mom was transported to the hospital early this morning. The aide at her nursing facility said she went in to check on her and she was convulsing and had blood coming from her mouth. This was the information I had as I got dressed and Virgil drove me to the hospital. When I saw Mom she looked at me and said, "Momma, I hurt!" I comforted her as best I could.

I'm not sure about what happened at the nursing home, but officially she was admitted to the hospital with Aspiration Pneumonia. She had bitten her tongue and I assume that is where the blood was coming from.

And she knew who I was before I left. I think she just got a little rattled with the pain and called me Momma.

Keep her in your prayers. Prayers relief of pain are SO appreciated.

~ @my

4 comments:

Nicki Meier said...

Amy...oh no...your heart must be so sad this morning!! I am so sorry to hear this news about your mom...hang in there sweetie! Will be praying...for sure!!
Hugs to you...

Jenny said...

Oh Amy, Amy, I am so sorry dear friend. Sending many hugs and many prayers your way. I'm so sorry.

Carol said...

Thinking of you and will keep you and your Momma in my prayers! Hugs!

Amy said...

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers. Things are looking up! :)