Friday, October 30, 2009

mmmmm....hot chocolate

So, it's High School Football nite in the ville. I can't go because I have three essays due by midnight tomorrow. And tomorrow being Stephen's playoff game and Halloween...I gotta get it done tonight.
My guys are going to the game. I decided to fill a thermos with some hot chocolate to keep them warm! And, I saved a cup for myself which I am enjoying as I type this. See my "new" mug? A Birthday gift from V and Ste. I love me some vintage Fire King!
This is our favorite Hot Chocolate:
Rich and Creamy Hot Chocolate
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
a dash of salt
1/3 cup hot water
2 cups whole evaporated milk
2 cups 2% (or whatever you use) milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp cinnamon
Mix sugar, cocoa and salt in a saucepan until well combined. Mix in hot water. Stir until everything is combined, smooth and thickish. Cook over med to med-hi heat stirring constantly. Bring to a boil and continue boiling for 2 minutes - stir constantly. Slowly add evaporated milk, then regular milk. Stir to combine. Add vanilla and cinnamon. Stir to distribute spices. Let warm on medium heat. DO NOT LET BOIL AFTER MILK HAS BEEN ADDED. Stir often to ensure there is no scorching. Once well heated serve in a wonderful cup with marshmallows or a cinnamon stick for stirring!


No comments: