Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Welcome to the world baby boy...

I know it has been similarly said, but didn't I just see Hannah being born yesterday? What happened to my 17 year old self? Wanting to be there for her big sister, excited to see her niece or nephew, but ready to rush back to school as soon as possible. Afterall, her boyfriend was there and it was cheerleader photo day!


It is not possible that 20 years have passed! Yet, today {in an instant; a blink} I sat in a waiting room beside my own 12 year old son and awaited the arrival of my great nephew, Aiden. He is a beautiful, healthy boy and as I held him I was a 25 year old Mom again, clucking over my own son. I was a 17 year old girl again, experiencing life - literal, breath stealing, humbling - life!


Welcome to the world baby boy........ BOY - are you in for a ride!

4 comments:

Carol said...

It does feel that way doesn't it. I feel it with my own kids....we won't even talk about Luke (great-nephew)...he makes me feel really old! Beautiful post, beautiful baby boy, beautiful you!

Jenny said...

Amy, oh, he is precious. Just precious. Your post brought tears to my eyes. Congratulations to all!

Mardell said...

Ditto what Jenny said!

Aaaawww! What a sweetie. Congratulations to Hannah! :o)

Susan said...

I just love new babies. What a joy and such a blessing.
Susan