Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The beginning...

The purpose of this blog is to allow me a place to keep track of my "doings." A place to unload the goings on in my head and talk about the things I enjoy.

Why an oak tree? I lost my Daddy on January 2, 2008. He was an awesome man, a good man. I miss him immensely. I've always thought of my Daddy as an oak tree. Strong and sheltering in a storm, serene and majestic in the calm. What made him "good" was that he knew who he was, what he wanted out of life, what he enjoyed, and what was right. The best way I know to be like him is to learn how to be me, and to find those things in life that make my soul soar.

Current craft craze:

ZippyStrippyQuilts

Here's a picture of one I made:


I love this! It is so easy, so fun and you are able to create something that will be cherished! Buy the book! It's awesome and it is written by my good friend Jenny Matlock. :)


Current addiction:
Caramel shakes from Sonic!


What I'm reading:
I'm a little late on the bandwagon, but I'm reading the Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich. A little raunchy at times, and bad language. But funny and a very fast read!
~@my



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, your Dad would be proud. He helped raise a wonderful woman. Maybe I should start calling you "corny". You know, baby oak tree, acorn.... umm.... OK, perhaps a bit of sleep deprivation.

Stewani said...

I LOVE YOU MOM.